The betting market for college football is rounding into form online. Conference championship futures and season win totals have been posted on some sites.
There have been 200 games released with lines on other sites. The lines have the latest spreads for those games.
On Bovada and topbet the national championship futures are available and have been since shortly after the BCS Bowl in January.
All of these together let the bettor know on betonline and sportsbook.com what to anticipate for the upcoming college football season from odds makers.
- The Florida State Seminoles are the defending national champions and a consensus favorite to repeat. However, not much betting support has come in for the defending champions. At this point Florida State for national champions is now at 9 to 2 after opening at 5 to 2 on one site while other sites have them at 4 to 1 or 5 to 1.
- Oregon is getting its share of attention from the odds makers. The Ducks are favored in all of their games on some sites and one odds maker has Oregon State at No. 2 behind only the Seminoles.
- Another team getting respect from the bettor is the Auburn Tigers. Last year to start the season, the Tigers were 1,000 to 1 to win a national championship. This year they have attracted more dollars than all other teams with some bookmakers. The Tigers opened at 20 to 1 in January and have been bet down to 12 to 1. The team returns 13 of its starters, including Nick Marshall their talented quarterback. Last season the Tigers were 12-2 ATS making them a very strong money maker.
- Other teams attracting a great deal of money on futures for the national champions are Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma. The Sooners opened on some sites at 20 to 1 and are already shorten to 9 to 1. Auburn opened at a long shot of 40 to 1 and is now at 15 to 1, while Georgia has gone to 35 to 1 from 50 to 1.
- Recently odds for conference champions were released with favorites being Florida State in the ACC, Oregon in the Pac-12 and Ohio State in the Big Ten.
- The Crimson Tide is even money to take the SEC, while South Carolina, Auburn and LSU are all 3 to 1 to win the conference.
- The long shot to win the championship game in the Big Ten is Purdue sitting at 200 to 1.
More and more odds will be released, as the season gets closer to its kickoff at the end of August. Make sure to look back here for all your information on futures odds, lines, point totals and more.