Odds makers have released the early lines for this week’s Sweet 16 to be played on Thursday and Friday. The biggest chalk is Arizona.
Point spreads and point totals were released to give bettors time to make picks for the upcoming games. The lines have also been released on Bovada, betonline, topbet and sportsbook.com.
March 27 – Thursday
- Dayton takes on Stanford in a battle of Cinderella’s. Stanford is the early favorite by 2.5 points with the over/under point total sitting on 132.5.
- Across different sports books the line has Stanford from -2.5 to -3, with the point total from 129.5 to 132.5. Check with your favorite online site such as Bovada to find their current lines.
- UCLA plays Florida in the South Region and Florida is the favorite on topbet with a spread of 4.5 points and a point total of 137. Other bookmakers have gone as high as -5 for Florida, while the Gators opened on Sunday night at -4.
- Baylor meets Wisconsin in the West Region. The Badgers are a 3-point favorite with the point total sitting on 136.5. Wisconsin opened at -3.5, but early betting on Baylor pushed it down to the current 3 points.
- Arizona plays San Diego State in another West Region game. The Wildcats are the biggest chalk of the Sweet 16 at -6.5, with the point total sitting on 122.5. The spread opened at -6, for Arizona, but strong betting pushed it up to its current -6.5.
March 28 – Friday
- Tennessee meets Michigan in the Midwest Region. The early line has Michigan favored by 2 points with the point total sitting on 131.5. Most of the books, including sportsbook.com opened with the Wolverines at -1.5 and that quickly was pushed up to -2 during the day on Monday. The point total started at 131 and was bumped to 132, before settling late Monday at 131.5.
- In what is expected to be the best matchup of the Sweet 16, Kentucky plays Louisville in the Midwest Region. Louisville is a 5-point favorite with the total points sitting at 138.5. There have been -4.5 for Louisville on some books, but it appears the -5 is the consensus for most books.
- Iowa State plays Connecticut in the East Region. The Cyclones are -1 with the point total on 146.5. The game was opened on Sunday as a pick ‘em but bettors quickly pushed Iowa State to -1.5 before it came back to -1. The total points are higher than any of the other eight games. Iowa State is the best bet in the country on the OVER at O/U 20-13, while Connecticut is close to the best on the UNDER at O/U 12-22.
- Michigan State takes on Virginia in what is picked, as a great must see matchup. Michigan State is favored by 1 point with the point total at 126. The Spartans are a lower seed and the only one to be favored over a higher seed in this round. The Spartans opened at -2 but it was quickly moved down to -1.